Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Lead Poisoning - WSH Bulletin

13 Oct 09

Lead is a poisonous substance that affects many parts of the body, particularly the nervous system such as the brain and nerves, as well as the blood system and kidneys. Lead poisoning occurs when too much lead enters the body. A person’s body absorbs lead when the person breathes in lead dust, fume or vapour. Eating with bare hands and environmental exposure can contribute to excessive lead absorption. Organic lead compounds can also be absorbed through the skin.

Lead poisoning is an occupational disease that adversely affects workers’ health. In 2008, of the 8 cases of workplace chemical poisoning, 2 cases were related to excessive absorption of lead.

For more information on preventive and control measures of lead poisoning, please click HERE.

7 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this safety course information,its really very useful to every safety field officers,keep posting
    nebosh training institute in chennai
    Best safety courses training institute in chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organolead compounds are compounds with carbon-lead bonds in their molecules. The first synthetic organic lead compound is hexaethyl diphosphate, organic lead compounds

    ReplyDelete